A web application (or web app) is application software that runs on a web server, unlike computer-based
software programs that are stored locally & run on the device (PC/Tablet/Mobile). Web applications are
accessed by the user through a web browser with an active internet connection to perform tasks over
Millions of businesses use the Internet as a cost-effective communications channel. It lets them exchange
information with their target market and make fast, secure transactions. However, effective engagement is
only possible when the business is able to capture and store all the necessary data, and have a means of
processing this information and presenting the results to the user.
Web applications include online forms, shopping carts, word processors, spreadsheets, video and photo editing,
file conversion, file scanning, and email programs such as Gmail or Yahoo. Popular applications include
Facebook, Google Apps and Microsoft 365. Web apps, are a huge part of the way the internet works!
Benefits of a web application:
The options are limitless but here are just a few ideas of some applications we can add to your website.
- Web applications run on multiple platforms regardless of OS or device as long as the browser is compatible
- All users access the same version, eliminating any compatibility issues
- They are not installed on the hard drive, thus eliminating space limitations
- They reduce software piracy in subscription-based web applications (i.e. SaaS)
- They reduce costs for both the business and end user as there is less support and maintenance required by the business and lower requirements for the end user’s computer
If you have an idea for an online application and would like to talk it through with us please get in touch for a consultation!
- Database Driven Websites
- Password Protected Hidden Web Pages
- Employee Only Web Pages
- Online Scheduling
- Online Catalogues
- Online Directories
- Online Forms
- Online Sales
- Online Diary